Welcome to my Blog!

Cooking for many isn't enjoyable like it should be or there just isn't new inspiration. This is my searching for easy and yummy meals, tips and deals so that dinner is always a cinch. Join me in my search for what is for dinner!

Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

5 Desserts I Am Loving Right Now!

I am an all about moderation girl, so dessert doesn't hurt if it's not every night! Right?

Here are five that are on my radar and make me want dessert every night of the week:

Chocolate Mint Bars
These tasty treats I think are great! They remind me of an andes mint and girl scout thin mints all in one. Oh and did I mention they are a recipe made by Cooking Light(so they aren't as high calorie as they could be!)? Yum!

Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake
Can you say better than nutella bliss? Well this cake is sure to please any chocolate or nutella fan. It is EASY to make and great for when entertaining(they will think you slaved away in the kitchen all day)!

Fruit Tart
Paula Dean knows how to cook, that is for sure, this is a great treat all year round (it makes me think of the fourth of July for some reason) and very simple.

Strawberry Shortcake
One of Joe's and my favorite desserts and with Valentine's Day coming up a great 'festive' end to a home cooked romantic dinner-for-two meal.

Vanilla Cream Roll
Allison, my soon to be sister in law, made a pumpkin roll at Thanksgiving that got me thinking, what other delicious rolls are out there? This one was a favorite and is sure to make people ask you for the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Em,
    I am loving this blog! it's a cute idea!! I have also found a recipe from hungry girl's cookbook, for chocolate cake. You add one can (15oz) of pumpkin instead of the eggs, oil, and water. It makes a yummy moist cake, cutting about 145 calories!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete