Tonight I am using the leftover meat from my dinner on Tuesday, the London Broil Top Round so this will really cut back on my cooking time and uses my leftovers in a more constructive way then slowly moving towards the trash can. Which no one wants and even if a meal was good the first time sometimes multiples of the same meal are just BLAH.
SHOPPING LIST:
1) Roasted beef
2) 1 Onion (I am using red)
3) Green Pepper (small)
4) Provolone Cheese
5) Mozzarella Cheese
6) Pizza Crust
7) Basil
Optional:
Basil Pesto (I bought mine, but here is a quick and yummy recipe that you can use to make your own that I like)
or
Tomato Sauce
Mushrooms, I am.
However, neither is absolutely needed for this pizza
*************************************************************************************
To begin:
We are making this "deep dish" in a sense.
Get out a 9 by 9 or 10 by 12 pan and spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour or cornmeal.
Preheat oven to temperature of the pizza dough. (450 normally)
Cut up the green pepper and half of the onion into slices.
I am also using some of my leftover cut up baby portabella mushrooms also.
In a pan heat up about 2 tablespoons olive oil and then place green peppers and onion into it (and mushrooms if you like). Saute for about 5 minutes or until soft over medium heat. Seasoning with a dash of salt and pepper.
Slice up your meat very thinly.
Shred about 1 cup provolone (or you can get slices) and 1 1/2 cups mozzarella.
Roll out your dough but not as thinly as for a normal pizza and place in the baking pan, spreading it out so it covers the bottom and goes up the sides of the dish. If you have chosen to use a sauce spread it over the bottom of the crust.
Place your shredded provolone or slices over the sauce. Or on the bottom if not using a sauce.
Spread meat out over the cheese and then pour onion and green peppers over it. Sprinkle some basil over it.
Spread the mozzarella cheese over the top.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes depending on the pizza dough requirements and if the dough is looking done, it will take longer than making it normally. Mine took about 25 minutes.
Let sit for about 5 minutes.
Cut pizza into squares so they each have a side with crust. If you didn't put sauce on it, I always like some tomato sauce for dipping.
Joe also just pointed out it is a nice meal to enjoy with a nice cold beer. So enjoy! With or without a beer!
No comments:
Post a Comment