Welcome to my Blog!

Cooking for many isn't enjoyable like it should be or there just isn't new inspiration. This is my searching for easy and yummy meals, tips and deals so that dinner is always a cinch. Join me in my search for what is for dinner!

Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

Southwest BBQ Chicken Pizza

One of Joe and my traditions is to have a pizza on Friday. I know it may not be the healthiest of options, but it is nice to sit down on Friday evening and enjoy a food that both Joe and I hold dear.

Tonight we are doing a twist on the traditional pizza and it will NOT disappoint!

Shopping List:

1) 2 pizza dough tubes (one seems like it might be enough for two very conservative eaters, Joe and I usually make two and have leftovers sometimes to enjoy later)

2) BBQ sauce, any type that is your favorite. I am using Annie's Natural Organic Barbeque Sauce, Sweet N' Spicy (Whole Foods)

3) Chipotle marinade, I am using Bronco Bob's Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce (Whole Foods)

4) Can of Rotel (tomatoes and chiles)

5) Monterrey Jack Cheese

6) bag of frozen grilled chicken breasts

Optional:

Cilantro

Corn

*************************************************************************************

To begin:


I normally defrost 3 chicken breasts and let marinade in the chipotle sauce during the day in the fridge, but you can do this later in the day. It is a preference and also make sure to defrost them before you put the sauce on them otherwise the chicken breasts are not soaking in the sauce.

Preheat oven to temperature on the dough, mine says 425.

On a two baking sheets roll out your dough.

On dough place about three tablespoons BBQ sauce.

Dole the can of rotel out between the two pizzas, spreading it into the BBQ sauce. (this is when you would sprinkle cilantro if you wanted it. I like the zing it adds. I did not add corn, but I have before it is a nice option as well or even black beans)

Slice/Dice chicken to your preference. Place over the top of pizzas. About 1 and a half per pizza.

Shred about 4 cups of cheese and place generously over the top.

Place in oven. I let cook for about 17 minutes, but half way through I switch which rack each is on so one isn't way more done than the other.

Let cool for about a minute or two and slice with a pizza wheel! You may need to use a spatula to scoop underneath the slices really quickly to de-stick them from the cooking sheet, but they come of very easily.

Delivery, Frozen Pizzas---Who needs them! (o:


No comments:

Post a Comment