Welcome to my Blog!

Cooking for many isn't enjoyable like it should be or there just isn't new inspiration. This is my searching for easy and yummy meals, tips and deals so that dinner is always a cinch. Join me in my search for what is for dinner!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ravisagna!

I saw this recipe and couldn't let it slip by because while lasagna is delicious it can take some time and I've tried the short cuts of using no boil noodles, so I thought why not try this shortcut as well and see how it turns out?  So I am!  However, I am spicing it up some from the ho-hum of just being sauce, cheese and ravioli's!  I hope you'll try this new and interesting way to make lasagna.

Shopping List:
1) Pack of Large Raviolis (the kind in the refrigerated section)

2) Tomato Sauce

3) Mozzarella Cheese

4) Ground Meat (1/2 a pound)

5) Veggies: I am using zucchini and cauliflower

6) Seasoning: Paprika, Oregano, Garlic

*************************************************************************************

To Begin:

Start by preheating your oven to 400.

Then in a skillet brown your ground meat.  Add to it some salt, pepper and about 2 teaspoons of each seasoning.  You can even add a dash of Worcestershire sauce if desired.

While meat is browning cut up about a cup of cauliflower and zuchini (dicing is fine).

Shred about 1-2 cups mozzarella.

Once meat is done, drain if needed and take off the heat.

In a baking 9 by 9 baking dish spread a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the dish.  Place a layer of raviolis.  Then spread out your meat over the raviolis.  Then top the meat with 1/2 a cup of cheese.  Place veggies over cheese.  Layer with second layer of raviolis.  Pour tomato sauce over the top, covering the enter top.  Sprinkle rest of cheese over the top to the thickness you desire.

Place in the oven for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!




Even add some parmesan cheese if you like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment