Shopping List:
1) Bread (I am using a bakery loaf because you can make the slices bigger, but if you want to you can use sandwich bread)
2) Eggs
3) Milk
4) Ricotta Cheese
5) Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
6) Cinnamon
7) Nutmeg
8) Honey
9) Syrup or Powdered Sugar
10) Vanilla or Almond Extract
Optional for Smoothie or Cocktail:
Plain Yougurt (I LOVE Greek Yogurt, you should try it and it has 2x the protein in it than regular yogurt!)
Ice
Orange Juice
Strawberry Schnaps
Grenadine
**********************************************************************************
To Begin:
FRENCH TOAST:
Slice your loaf of bread into inch thick pieces.
Cut up about a cup of straberries into slices or wedges.
Then in a bowl mix together 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese, 3 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Once this is thoroughly combined add the strawberries.
In a second bowl mix three eggs, 1/4 cup milk, 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon.
Take some of the ricotta mixture and place it between two pieces of bread. Then dip into the egg mixture like you would with normal french toast.
Place on a flat preheated pan on medium high heat. Let brown and cook on both sides. About 4-5 minutes per side.
Place syrup, powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!
STRAWBERRY SUNRISE:
In a blender place about a cup of cut up strawberries along with 2 cups orange juice, 1/2 shot of grenadine, 1 shot of strawberry schnapps. Blend. (I like using frozen strawberries for this because I think it turns out colder) As you are blending add about 2-3 ice cubes. Pour. Yum!
STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE:
In a blender place a cup of strawberries, 1 cup orange juice, 6 oz of plain or vanilla yogurt (or greek yogurt, I LOVE IT). Blend. Add a few ice cubes as you blend.
No comments:
Post a Comment