Welcome to my Blog!

Cooking for many isn't enjoyable like it should be or there just isn't new inspiration. This is my searching for easy and yummy meals, tips and deals so that dinner is always a cinch. Join me in my search for what is for dinner!

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tuscan Chicken and Garlic Bread Knots

This is one of those fast, easy dinners that leaves you afterwards content and if you have guests(like we did), think you spent a lot more time in the chicken than 20 to 30 minutes. 

I found this recipe while at the grocery store.  We have a WONDERFUL grocery store called Publix which have recipe cards you can take and use for dinner.  I have never tried one of there dishes before, but it was a busy day and I needed something fast, simple and something that I could shop for quickly.  While the recipe I got from the grocery store was minimal I did add a few things to spice it up some and to make it a more filling and delicous meal.  So this meal is part me, part Publix, and part Tuscan inspiration!

I hope you enjoy this one as much as we did, *we didn't even have leftovers!

Shopping List:
1) 1lb. Chicken Tenders

2) Julienne Sundried Tomatoes

3) 1 Can Cannelloni Beans

4) Fresh Spinach

5) Chicken Stock

6) 1 Tube Garlic Breadstick Dough

7) Package of Bowtie Pasta

8) Cornstarch

9) Parmesan Cheese

10) Seasoning: Rosemary, Salt, Pepper

***********************************************************************************
To Begin:
Preheat oven to garlic bread dough requirements (350).

Place a pan filled with water for pasta. 

Get out a baking sheet.  Remove dough and using the long strips of the could-be breadsticks, instead tie them into knots.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place in oven.  Let cook for 14 minutes.

Next cut the tenderloins into bite size pieces. Season with salt, pepper and about 1 tablespoon rosemary.  Place in a hot pan that is sprayed with cooking spray.  Cook until browned.

Add pasta to the boiling water.

Once browned add the can of drained beans, 1 cup chicken stock, and 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes.  Let come to a simmer.


Once chicken mixture has come to a simmer add to it 2 large handfuls fresh spinach.  Mix in well.

Once it is mixed in take 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 cup water.  Mix together and then pour over chicken mixture.  Mix well.  Let sauce thicken and then remove place on low heat.

Once pasta is done and drained salt and butter it.

Check bread.

When everything is finished dish some pasta onto the plate and top with chicken mixture.  Sprinkle with Parmesan and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment