Welcome to my Blog!

Cooking for many isn't enjoyable like it should be or there just isn't new inspiration. This is my searching for easy and yummy meals, tips and deals so that dinner is always a cinch. Join me in my search for what is for dinner!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Greek Nachos

I have been thinking about nachos lately and how much I love taziki sauce and lamb and I thought, why not make nachos with a Greek twist.  So that is what I have done and Joe could eat a whole platter himself!
This is a fast meal that takes just some chopping, sauce preparing, and browning of meat.  Try them with friends, while watching sports, or with family and it will keep you at the table talking longer than the normal 15-20 minutes!

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not adding into this shopping list or meal prep of the taziki sauce.  For click on taziki sauce to take you to a former recipe with the items needed and prep to make it.  It is SOO yummy!

Shopping List:
1) 1 lb. Ground Lamb

2) Lettuce (Whatever kind you like best, I enjoy Romaine)

3) Jar of Calamata Olives (pitted)

4) 1 Cucumber

5) 1 Ripe Vine Tomato

6) 1 Rep Pepper

7) Fresh Rosemary

8) Pita Chips (1 to 2 bags depending on people, Joe and I used 1, but for more than 4 I would say 2, which this dish can easily feed 4-6)

9) Taziki Sauce  (Click for recipe and needed ingredients)

10) Minced Garlic

Optional Items:  Feta (I can't eat feta because of being pregnant but would taste great on top); Greek Style Salad Dressing

***********************************************************************************
To Begin:
Start by warming some olive oil in a skillet.  Throw in a tablespoon of garlic.

Chop up about two stands of rosemary, removing the stalk and finely chopping the leaves.  Once oil is warm place lamb into skillet and add rosemary.  Brown meat.  Add salt and pepper for seasoning.

While meat is browning dice your cucumber (I took the skins off for this dish, but you can leave them on if you like), tomato, and pepper.  I chopped my olives in half and rinsed, dried and chopped my lettuce(1 head of romaine) also.

On a large platter make a ring of pita chips on the otter edges.  In the middle of the platter place your lettuce.

Once your meat is completely browned, because lamb is a fatter meat, drain the meat from it's fat.  Now hear is an optional step which I like, but you dont have to.  Once the meat is drained you can squirt on it about 2 tablespoons or alittle bit more of Greek Salad Dressing.  It just adds a nice kick and extra flavor.  I liked it this way.

Then pour the meat over the lettuce.  Top meat with most of taziki sauce (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup; it depends on how much you want), then add toppings and feta if you can, which would have tasted AWESOME!  Then drizzle with some extra taziki sauce.  You can always leave out the taziki sauce and let people spoon extras onto their plates for extra dipping if desired.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment