Welcome to my Blog!

Cooking for many isn't enjoyable like it should be or there just isn't new inspiration. This is my searching for easy and yummy meals, tips and deals so that dinner is always a cinch. Join me in my search for what is for dinner!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Perogies with Sauteed Peppers and Onions

I found this dish to be pleasantly easy and very tasty.  Perogies are often an item I forget about, but when I remember them I am glad I have!  If you have never had a perogies it is a pasta filled with mashed potatoes.  They are delicious and fun for all ages to enjoy!  Also with them being so simple to just brown up in a pan, it makes dinner that much faster; and with school in session I know much easier for those busier evenings when the last thing you have time for is to think about dinner.

Shopping List:
1) 1-2 Packages of Perogies (1 was good for Joe and I, I would probably get 2 to feed 4)

2) 1 Green Pepper

3) 1 Red Pepper

4) 1 Small White Onion

5) Gruyere Cheese

6) Chicken Broth

7) Butter

*************************************************************************************
To Begin:
Start by slicing the onion and peppers.

In a pan heat up about 1 tablespoon olive oil.  Into place the onion, add salt and pepper.  Saute for about 5 minutes.  Then add the peppers.  Let cook for another 2-3.  Remove onions and peppers from pan.

Into pan place about 1 tablespoon butter. Add perogies.  Let brown on each side for about 5-6 minutes(or what the directions for yours on the box say).

Once they are cooked through.  Add the peppers back to the pan with the perogies and about 1/4 cup chicken broth.  Let simmer for about 3 minutes.

Sprinkle with gruyere cheese and serve.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment