Welcome to my Blog!

Cooking for many isn't enjoyable like it should be or there just isn't new inspiration. This is my searching for easy and yummy meals, tips and deals so that dinner is always a cinch. Join me in my search for what is for dinner!

Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

Chicken Verde Casserole

It has been forever and I am sorry for the lapse.  Life has been super busy and I have been just cooking my basic meals(most on the blog) and haven't had time to branch out beyond for awhile.  Being pregnant doesn't help either, some nights it is just a feat to put something on the table, but that is still no excuse. 

I was actually very surprised by this recipe.  I like verde sauce and with the hashbrowns it gives a neat contrast.  Just be sparing with the chipotle seasoning if you aren't in to spicy, but the combo of chipotle to verde sauce is delicious!  Try this recipe out!  I also assembled this cassarole ahead of time and then baked it later that day, which made it so easy! (if you do this just add about 10-20 minutes more on baking time, 10 for if in fridge for the day or 20 if in the freezer).

Shopping List:
1) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1lb.)

2) Verde Sauce

3) Chipotle Seasoning

4) Frozen Hashbrowns (1 bag)

5) Sour Cream

6) Monteray Jack Cheese or Pepper Jack

Optional: Green Onions or Scallions
**********************************************************************************
To Begin:

Start by preheating oven to 400.

In a bowl mix the frozen hashbrowns, 1 to 1 and half cups sour cream, add salt and pepper to taste along with a little bit of paprika if you like it.
Spread over the bottom of a rectangular casserole.

Butterfly your chicken breasts, then season with salt, pepper and chipotle seasoning (about 2 teaspoons).
Lay over the hashbrowns.

Pour verde sauce over the top.  I used about 3/4 of the jar.

Cover with aluminum foil.

Bake for about 35-45 minutes (I noticed one time a made it the chicken was cooked after 35 and then the next time not until about 40ish minutes).

Then uncover and sprinkle with cheeese.

Place back in oven for about 5-10 minutes depending on how browned you want the cheese.

Let stand 5 minutes and then serve.

Enjoy!

Hot out of the oven, with green onions




No comments:

Post a Comment