Don't lie, we all get it. But just because we get it doesn't mean that take out is the only option. On nights when Joe and I both get home late, are exhausted or I just am 'not feelin' it'. I always have what I call my freezer and cupboard stash. I have about 3 to 4 easy dishes that can be made with minimal effort and are pretty good too. We each have a dish or two like this that can replace the fast food or take out drama and most likely cut back on the junk we eat.
If you are prepared life with dinner is a lot less stressful!
My easy dishes are:
1) Frozen meat sauce. All I have to do is plop it in a pan and make pasta. Easy and after a long day pasta is always nice.
2) Veggie burgers. Frozen buns, frozen burger. Heat the burgers in the microwave and buns in the oven. Dinner is ready in 10 minutes.
3) Stouffers. HAHA, I know you probably think I am a horrible wife, but a lot of their frozen entrees are quiet delish, but the cook time on them can be long so be prepared.
4) Zatarains. These boxes of gumbo, dirty rice and so on. Are an easy throw together meal.
Joe and I are also huge salad fends. Along with each of these we would eat a salad. I doubt there is a day that goes by that we don't eat one. But if you aren't a fan of salad, my other go to is frozen veggies. I am LOVING the Bird's Eye Steamers, they are yummy and are flavorful. The green beans and cranberries is a must try.
Good luck on you "not feelin' it" days! And please share ideas if you have them for them! They are a nice go to to have!
No comments:
Post a Comment