Welcome to my Blog!

Cooking for many isn't enjoyable like it should be or there just isn't new inspiration. This is my searching for easy and yummy meals, tips and deals so that dinner is always a cinch. Join me in my search for what is for dinner!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Refrigerator Pickles

The barbecue sandwiches got me thinking about pickles and I came across a neat and easy recipe for making pickles that are pickled over time by just sitting in your fridge. I am looking forward to trying this recipe and hopefully using it with my BBQ next time I make it!

I got this recipe from Tastebook.com one of my favorite recipe sites!


Ridiculously Easy Sweet and Spicy Refrigerator Pickles

This is a great way to use all those cucumbers. I find these pickles make a refreshing side salad to a summer dinner.

2 medium cucumbers, unpeeled (use organic!), thinly sliced

½ large red onion, thinly sliced

1 cup distilled white vinegar

1 cup white sugar

2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes

1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional, but delicious)

Bring vinegar to a boil and add sugar and crushed pepper. Simmer, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Add oil. Allow to cool to room temperature.

Put cucumbers and onion in a lidded container and cover with brine. Seal, give container a shake and refrigerate for at least two hours.

These get better over time and stay nice and can stay good in the fridge for several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment