Brinner is a lot of times a weekly occurrence for Joe and I. It seems like you can never get old of the taste of breakfast foods no matter what the time. Anyway so many say it is the most important meal of the day, so why not eat it twice to make it that much more important?
Shopping List:
1) Bag of frozen hashbrowns
2) At least a 10 oz bag of frozen or fresh spinach (I am using fresh b/c of another meal planned for this week)
3) Cheddar cheese
4) 1 onion
5) Sour Cream (I always use light)
6) Cottage Cheese (I am using light for this as well)
7) Butter
8) Can of cream of chicken soup
9) Eggs
10) An assortment of Fruit, I am using pink lady apple, 2 tangerines, 3 kiwi, 1 mango, 1 banana, strawberries and blackberries
11) Honey
12) Apricot Jelly
13) Nutmeg
*************************************************************************************
To begin preheat oven to 350, both cook in same oven but quiche takes 30 and casserole takes 45. However start cooking at same time because the quiche needs ten minutes to cool. This meal serves about 6-8 people
For The Quiche:
In a large bowl mix 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 4 eggs, completely thawed and VERY well drained spinach (if using frozen) or 2 cups fresh, a sprinkle of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, and half of a diced onion.
Pour into a nine by nine or a round 9" pie pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray or buttered.
Cooks for 30 min, sits to cool for 10
For the Hashbrown Casserole:
In a large bowl mix the bag of hashbrowns, 1/2 a cup of melted butter (put in microwave for 30 sec), can of cream of chicken (low sodium and fat free is what I use), 1/2 a pint of sour cream, the other half of the onion (diced), 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
Pour into an 11 by 14 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Cooks for 45 min.
For the Fruit Salad:
Clean and cut up fruit to your liking. I usually like it a little chunkier than smaller so the fruit won't get soggy if you don't finish it all in one sitting.
Place ingredients in a bowl.
In the microwave heat about a 4 tablespoons water until it is warm. Add 2 tablespoons honey and 3 tablespoons apricot jelly. Mix until all the honey and jelly look smooth and mixed. Pour over the fruit and mix well. Let sit for about 15 min before serving.
I hope you enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment