If you aren't able to tell yet, I love brinner. Breakfast for dinner I think is wonderful and normally the meals are fast, easy and taste good no matter if it is 9am or 9pm.
As soon as I saw this recipe I knew that I had to try it, but change it a little bit to be something Joe and I would like. I hope you will like it as well and when you share it with friends or family for brunch, breakfast, dinner or lunch they will not only be impressed they'll wonder how you became so innovative and never forget this meal. These green eggs and ham, unlike Dr. Suess', won't be hard to talk anyone into!
Shopping List:
1) From the deli counter ask for thickly sliced honey ham (about 1 and a half slices per serving is needed)
2) Eggs (1 per serving made)
3) Cream Cheese
4) Frozen Spinach
5) Tube of Biscuits
6) Thawed Butter or Table Margarine
7) Honey
***********************************************************************************
To Begin:
Start by preheating your oven to 375.
Prepare spinach in the microwave. Once it is cooked add some salt and pepper and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of creamed cheese to it. Stir and mix to your desired creaminess level.
Get out a muffin baking sheet. Take your ham and line the inside of the muffin area, making kind of a "ham cup" that we will place the spinach and egg into. The one thing to make sure is that the ham fully lines the tin and also that there are openings. I used one big piece to mainly line it and then took half of another piece to finish the lining.
Then into the ham place a spoonful of spinach (do not over fill, the egg needs to be able to sit on top without spilling over the sides of the ham). And then crack one egg on top of each pile of spinach. Making sure NOT to break the yokes. Sprinkle tops with salt and pepper.
Carefully place it in the oven for about 20 minutes (the eggs with still have slightly runny yokes at this point if you want more runny do 15 minutes or even less runny do 25).
This is what they will look like coming out of the oven.
At about 10 minutes left on the eggs place your biscuits into the oven (b/c the temperture is higher than the temp for the biscuits less time is needed). While they are cooking mix about 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon honey. Mix to desired level of creaminess.
When eggs are done let sit for a few minutes to cool before you remove. They should come out very easily and shouldn't fall apart.
Enjoy!
Side shot of one so you can get an idea of how the ham is lined in the muffin tin. SO GOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment