Yum! That is all I can say, re-making this again reminds me of how crave able this meal really is and of course what makes it even yummier is the fact that it takes very little kitchen skills and turns out the same every time you make it! A meal with that consistency is always great and so is one that you sometimes dream about or think about and your mouth waters...but until like hamburger some of you are conjuring in your mind this is very healthy tastes awesome leftover! I have to admit that as of last year when I made it the first time, this is one of my favorite meals!
Shopping List:
1) Chicken 1lb. (now you can get a few kinds and it will all do well, some just might take more cook time than others, you can do chicken breast with bone in, chicken breasts, chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins. I normally do just chicken breasts, but because I had leftover tenderloins from my other meal I decided to go for them and they turned out really well!)
2) 1 large zucchini or 2 smaller
3) 1 can garbanzo beans
4) 1 can diced tomatoes
5) 1 package cous cous
6) Cilantro
7) Chicken Stock
8) Golden Raisins
9) Toasted Pine Nuts (optional, I don't like them so I don't use them)
***********************************************************************************
To begin:
Start by seasoning your meat with some salt, pepper and some cayenne pepper. Spray your pot with cooking spray and place on medium high heat. Once pan is warm place chicken into it.
Let chicken brown 2-4 minutes.
While chicken is browning clean and cut up your zucchini. Once chicken is browned on both sides throw the zucchini in with it and let it slightly brown as well.
Once the zucchini has some color add your drained can of garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes, 1 cup of chicken stock, 2 tablespoons of cumin and 1/2-1 tablespoon of cinamon. Mix and let come to a simmer.
When it begins to simmer, place on low heat for 15 minutes.
While this is happening read directions for cous cous, and instead of boiling water for the cous cous use chicken broth. Into the pot with the chicken broth place about 1/2-3/4 cup of golden raisins. When it comes to a boil add package of cous cous, stir, cover and remove from heat. Let is sit for 5 minutes normally.
Once the cous cous is ready fluff with a fork and add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and toasted pine nuts if desired.
Your moroccan chicken should almost be done at this point! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment