Welcome to my Blog!

Cooking for many isn't enjoyable like it should be or there just isn't new inspiration. This is my searching for easy and yummy meals, tips and deals so that dinner is always a cinch. Join me in my search for what is for dinner!

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chicken and Rice

Ahh the classic chicken and rice.  Campbell's soup approved and a quick dinner fix.  I made this dinner with frozen vegetables included in the rice, but if I was to make this dish again I know there would be a few things I would change.  So I am going to tell you the better way to make this that will make it just as flavorful as the one I made, but with a little more pizzaz and I must say the veggies thrown in were a big disappointment. SADLY, because normally I love finding a way to throw in veggies without having to try, but this dish definitely does not prosper from it.  I guess this will be a veggie on the side type meal, up to your choosing of course!

Shopping List:
1) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (1 lb or more.; the bigger the better because it will actually help them stay more moist, also BUY and extra breast than what you need for the next meal I am making is an Italian Pizza Bake that needs 1 chicken breast!)

2) Minute Rice

3) 1 Can of Cream of Roasted Chicken

4) 1 Can of Cream of Roasted Garlic and Mushroom

5) 1 sweet onion

6) 1 package of button mushrooms

7) Milk

8) Chicken Stock

9) Seasonings: Paprika, Rosemary, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Thyme, Worcestershire Sauce

**********************************************************************************
To Begin:

Start by preheating your oven to 350.

Get out a pan and spray with cooking spray.  Let heat on the stove at medium high. Chop up a cup of onion and a cup of mushrooms (clean and wash the mushrooms!).  Place onions in the pan, add a little olive oil if needed.  Let cook for about 5 minutes.  Then add mushrooms along with some salt and pepper.  Let cook for an additional five.

In another pan set to medium-high place chicken breasts in it, season with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon Rosemary, Thyme and Paprika (for all of them not 1 tablespoon on each), then as many dashes of Worcestershire sauce that you want.  You just want to let each side brown, about 4 minutes on each. (remember to set one to the side if you want to follow my next recipe on the Italian Pizza Bake!)

While chicken is browning in a bowl mix 2-3 cups of rice with the two soups.  Using the can as a  measurement tool add one can of chicken stock and one can milk.  Stir and mix.  Add a small tablespoon of minced garlic.

Once onions and mushrooms are done mix into the rice mixture, then spread out in a bakeware dish.

Place chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture and place in the oven for about 25 minutes (cover with tin foil).  YUM!  Enjoy!

   With veggies instead of mushrooms and onions, not as good I think



No comments:

Post a Comment