PHEW! May has been extremely busy! Life always feels in fast forward this time of year and also with my Brother getting married(soon) and graduating(just recently) weekends have been filled with events and the weeks fly by faster. HOWEVER, I have been cooking, just faster dishes than I think are worthy for my blog or I have cooked things for my blog but have not posted them, so please forgive my lateness or laziness, whichever you want to call it!
Wondering what I have been cooking over the past few weeks to make it simpler? VERY simple things and this meal can easily be one of them. It took me basically 15 to whip up this meal and tacos are something most kids, parents, adults, AKA humankind enjoy. (But besides these I have been cooking some of the dishes I have already used such as the shepard's pie casserole, ravisagna, pita sandwiches and chicken open face sandwiches to name a few; also I have added simple and fast veggie burgers).
So if you are having crazy weeks such as I, try these simple chicken tacos and your whole family or you or your husband whatever, will smile!
Shopping List:
1) Fresh Chicken Tenderloins (less than a pound should do)
2) Taco Seasoning
3) Hard or Soft Shells (You can Also instead just buy a kit that comes with seasoning and shells)
4) Lettuce
5) 1 fresh large tomato
6) 1 small sweet onion
7) Cilantro
8) 1 Green Pepper
9) 1 package of Mexican Fiesta Uncle Ben's Ready in 90 Seconds Rice
10) I can of Black Beans
11) Colby Jack Cheese
12) Sour Cream
13) Lemon Juice or Lime Juice
***********************************************************************************
To begin:
Start by placing a skillet on the stove and set to medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray if needed.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Season with a small bit of salt and pepper.
Place in skillet and let brown. Sprinkle about half the packet of taco seasoning over the chicken stir in well with maybe 1-2 tablespoons water.
Let simmer on low.
Drain and place black beans in a microwavable dish. Sprinkle some of the leftover taco seasoning on them and mix. Let cook for time recommended on the can, usually about 4-5 minutes.
For salsa, in a food processor or blender place 1/2 cup chopped up green pepper, 1/2 cup tomato, 1/2 cup onion, two large handfuls of fresh cilantro and a dash or two of lime/lemon juice. Set on chop for a few seconds or pulse if you prefer a thicker salsa. Place in a bowl.
Rinse lettuce and chop up, along with the rest of tomato if desired, and shred cheese.
Once beans are done place Uncle Ben's Rice in the microwave.
Get out shells and make your tacos! Add some black beans and rice when it is done. YUM! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment