Some nights are an easy, easy...EASY dinner night. Lately I have been so busy these simple dinners make my life feel at least not as crazy and make me feel at least I am still putting a good dinner down on the table to eat. Which in itself is a nice accomplishment when you'd rather just sit for a moment of sanity. I wonder why Spring seems to always be such a busy season? But at least here is one meal you can make in any season, whether you are lossing your sanity or just don't feel like cooking a long drawn out dinner. I'm fine with either reason. (o:
Oh and to add a green into this meal and still save your sanity you can just purchase a ceasar ready to make salad, just I would recommend not using all the dressing.
Shopping List:
1) 1 lb ground meat
2) Your favorite kind of pasta (I got the new mini kind by Bertolli, Farfalle, they are so cute!)
3) Pasta Sauce
4) Cream Cheese (I use light)
5) Minced Garlic
6) Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
7) 1 Small Can of Olives (optional)
8) 1 Small Can of Diced Tomatoes
9) Seasonings: Thyme, Oregano
**********************************************************************************
To Begin:
Start by preheating the oven to 350.
Then place water in a pan to boil for your pasta (you will probably need about half of a box for feeding 4-7 people). Once boiling cook for usually about 10 minutes.
In a warm pan brown up you meat with 2 teaspoons of thyme and oregano and a spoonful of minced garlic.
Once meat is browned add about 1 cup sauce(depending on how saucy you like it) and your diced tomatoes and drained olives. Mix together and turn to medium low heat. Then add about 2-4 tablespoons of Cream Cheese (it all depends on how creamy a flavor you want). Stir until throughly mixed.
Once pasta is done cooking and drained pour into the meat sauce and mix well. Pour into a large baking dish.
Coat top with mozzarella cheese(and even Parmesan if you like).
Bake for about 20 minutes.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment