Welcome to my Blog!

Cooking for many isn't enjoyable like it should be or there just isn't new inspiration. This is my searching for easy and yummy meals, tips and deals so that dinner is always a cinch. Join me in my search for what is for dinner!

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bagel Pizzas, the Forgotten Pizza!

The bagel pizza, a simple concept, a pretty tasty outcome and unlike its predecessor the actual pizza these are much simpler and much faster to assemble.  I have always enjoyed them and I think that this is a great meal to have when your children's friends are over or even having a party yourself.  Just have out a "buffet" in the kitchen and let people assemble their bagel pizza with whatever toppings they want and then pop them in the oven for 15 minutes.  Everyone is happy because they got on it what they want and you dont't have to worry about anyone who's picky.

Tonight I am using my leftovers from the week basically as toppings so we will be having pepperoni bagel pizza's but to "adult it up", I am making them with fresh basil leaves which tastes delicious and gives the old norm of pepperoni pizza a nice new flair.

Shopping List:

1) Bagels (plain, whole wheat, whatever kind you desire, most any taste good, once we only had blueberry bagels and just tried it out and they actually turned out tasting just like normal!)

2) Pasta Sauce

3) Mozzarella Cheese (or any type of cheese you like)

4) Any toppings you desire; I am using turkey pepperoni, pineapple and fresh basil leaves (b/c it is what I have in my fridge and needs to be eaten and because it is a REALLY yummy combo!).

If desired:

5) Parmesan

6) Garlic

*********************************************************************************

To begin:

Preheat oven to 375.

On a baking sheet, that is covered in foil place your open face halves of bagel.  I would recommend 1 half for a child, 2-3 halves for an adult most likely(but some could eat more or less depending on their appetite of course!).

I cover the baking sheet with foil because if you don't cheese will fall through the bagel holes on to your baking sheet, which of course tastes yummy but can be VERY annoying to clean even if you spray the sheet.

Place about 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce on bagels, I also mix in a little bit of parm and minced garlic.  Then place down your cleaned and dried basil leaves (about 1-2 per pizza), pineapple, pepperoni and top with shredded cheese.

Bake anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on how browned/melty you like the cheese.  Let cool for a few minutes while you make a salad and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment